Reading Notes for:
Kevin Kelly’s 99 Pieces of
another bunch of unsolicited advice.
Don’t worry how or where you begin. As long as you keep moving, your success will be far from where you start.
Read “The Slight Edge”
Or at least my posts about it.
If you meet a jerk, overlook them. If you meet jerks everywhere everyday, look deeper into yourself.
You can reduce the annoyance of someone’s stupid belief by increasing your understanding of why they believe it.
If your goal does not have a schedule, it is a dream.
Damn. He’s right. He’s right. Re-read that one a couple of times. If it don’t kinda hit you hard – you probably either are killing it or don’t really have any real goals or dreams. At least none with an emotional charge to it.
You can google “SMART goals” for this one. I am currently working on a framework for this that came from my FAVORITE book – “Think and Grow Rich”. I recently re-read my notes from it. When I assembled a couple of pieces, here is the exercise I need to complete:
In order for things to change in life, you have to see them as you want them to be rather than continuing to observe them as they are. A majority of the things that you probably think are about the things that you are observing, so that what-is dominates your focus and vibration, and is therefore your point of attraction
In order effect true positive change in your experience, you must disregard how things are – as well as how others are seeing you – and give more attention to the way you prefer things to be.
Every human being who understands the purpose of money wishes for it. Wishing will not bring wishes. But desiring riches with the state of mind that becomes an obsession, then planning definite ways and means to acquire riches, and backing those plans with persistence which does not recognize failure, will bring riches.
The method by which desire for riches can be transmuted into its financial equivalent consists of 6 definite, practical steps:
- Fix in your mind the exact amount of money you desire.
- Determine exactly what you intend to give in return the money you desire.
- Establish a definite date when you intend to possess the money you desire.
- Create a definite plan for carrying out your desire, and begin at once, whether you are ready or not, to put this plan into action. I will build:
- Write out a clear, concise statement of the amount of money you intend to acquire. Name the time limit for its acquisition. State what you intend to give in return for the money, and describe clearly the plan through which you intend to accumulate it.
- Read your written statement aloud, twice daily, once before you retire at night, and once after rising in the morning. AS YOU READ, SEE, AND FEEL AND BELIEVE YOURSELF ALREADY IN POSSESSION OF THE MONEY.
You may complain that it is impossible for you to “see yourself in possession of money” before you actually have it. Here is where a burning desire will come to your aid. If you truly desire money so keenly that your desire is an obsession, you will have no difficulty in convincing yourself that you will acquire it. Only those who are “money conscious” ever accumulate great wishes. Your mind has to be so saturated with the desire for money that one can see oneself already in possession of it.
- I know that I have the ability to achieve the object of my Definite Purpose in life. Therefore I demand of myself persistent, continuous action towards its attainment and I here and now promise to take such action.
- I realize that the dominating thoughts of my mind will eventually reproduce themselves in outward, physical action and gradually transform themselves into physical reality.
- I know through the principle of autosuggestion that any desire I persistently hold in my mind will eventually seek expression through some practical means of attaining the object.
- I have clearly written down a description of my Definite Chief Aim in life. I will never stop trying until I have developed sufficient self-confidence in it’s attainment.
- I fully realize that no wealth or position can long endure unless built upon truth and justice. Therefore I will engage in no transaction that does not benefit all whom it affects. I will induce others to serve me because of my willingness to serve others. I will cause others to believe in me, because I will believe in them and in myself.
If you fill your mind with fear, doubt and disbelief in your ability to connect with and use the forces of Infinite Intelligence, the law of autosuggestion will take this spirit of unbelief and use it as a pattern which your subconscious mind will translate into its physical equivalent.